1. The rules are too (rigid) to allow for human error.
2. This species has nearly (died out) because its habitat is being destroyed.
A. turned dead
B. passed by
C. carried away
D. become extinct
3. The contract between the two companies will (expire) soon.
4. Three world-class tennis players came to (content) for this title.
5. The methods of communication used during the war were (primitive).
6. Respect for life is a (cardinal) principle of the law.
7. The drinking water has became (contaminated) with lead.