1. There was something peculiar in the way the smiles
2. These animals migrate south annually in search of food.
3. She came across three children sleeping under a bridge.
A. passed by
B. found by chance
C. took a notice of
D. woke up
4. As a politician, he knows how to manipulate public opinion.
5. She gets aggressive when she is drunk
6. He paused, waiting for her to digest the information
7. He was tempted by the high salary offered by the company.
8. Come out, or I`ll bust the door down
9. The rules are too rigid to allow for human error
10. Make sure the table is securely anchored
11. It seemed incredible that he had been there a week already
12. The police will need to keep a wary eye on this area of town
13. Rumors began to circulate about his financial problems
14. I have little information as regards her fitness for the post
15. The contract between the two companies will expire soon.